Balkan Holidays has recently launched its 2nd edition summer 2009 brochure, including brand new resorts and hotels in Croatia.
Alongside its existing offerings in the Dubrovnik Riviera, central Dalmatia and Istria & Kvarner, the operator has added the following resorts:
- Vrsar - Overlooking stunning archipelagos with 18 uninhabited islets, this Istrian resort has beautiful beaches and modern amenities.
- Umag – Another Istrian gem, Umag boasts sundrenched beaches, highly developed tourist services and nearby mountain climbing, cycling and walking.
- Novi Grad – Close to Umag, Novi Grad is a picturesque town well connected with its medieval past – many of the town’s original walls still exist. Its much-loved park, featuring the best of Mediterranean greenery, and its seaside promenade, are two of the town’s popular centrepieces.
- Supetar – This resort is on the northern side of the Dalmatian island Brac, and faces Split across the water. With all the facilities you’d expect from a popular tourist town, Supetar is also within easy reach of two monuments included in the World Heritage List, protected by UNESCO.
- Postire – On the northern side of Brac, near Supetar, is the quieter hill town of Postire with excellent beaches and restaurants.
Balkan Holidays has also expanded its portfolio of hotels throughout the country. In historic Dubrovnik, the operator has added the five-star Hilton Hotel Imperial, which commands fantastic views of the town and the Adriatic; the four-star Valamar Hotel Lacroma Resort, with spa facilities; and the three-star Hotel Valamar Club Dubrovnik. The four-star Hotel Rosina has been introduced to the portfolio in the harbour town of Makarska, and in medieval city Trogir, holiday-makers can now stay at private apartments and the three-star Hotel Tragos. In the Istrian town of Porec, Balkan Holidays has added the three-star Hotel Laguna Park.
Prices for breaks in Croatia start from £249 per person departing from Gatwick 2 October 2009, staying at the three-star self-catering Apartments Borak in Podgora for seven nights.
Agents seeking more information can call 0845 135 1114, or visit www.balkanholidays.co.uk.