The impressive Hotel Rila occupies a prime location in the heart of the popular lively resort of Borovets. The hotel rooms have been recently renovated. The inviting property's Spa centre offers a variety of treatments. It is all about stunning mountain views whilst having a drink in the Panorama bar. The restaurant and lobby bar feature alpine style ambiance. The large array of facilities available at Hotel Rila combined with its superb location and chic rooms make it the perfect retreat to experience Borovets and Bulgaria.
Superior twin room with shower, hairdryer, balcony, minibar, tea/coffee making facilities, Sat-TV & telephone. Wi-Fi is at local charge.
Child age: 11 years
Restaurant • A la carte restaurant (reduced summer opening hours) • "The Terrace Lounge" (reduced summer opening hours) • Panorama bar (reduced summer opening hours) • Indoor swimming pool • Nightclub "After Eleven" (reduced summer opening hours) • Shopping area • Spa centre • Steam room • Sauna • Turkish bath • Cryo Cabin • Jacuzzi • Massage • Fitness • Wi-Fi • Safety deposit boxes at reception
Free use of swimming pool, thermo zone (sauna, steam bath, cryo cabin & Turkish bath), fitness & Wi-Fi, all other facilities & services may be subject to a local charge.
Supplements (per person per night)
Supplements may apply.
Walking tours and excursions available from June to September, which can be booked locally. Approximate local prices:
• Sitnyakovska Skala (Walk duration: 2 hours, Level of difficulty: easy) £12.00 - Ascent to the area is made by Sitniakovo Express chairlift. The tour offers fantastic panoramic views and will pass by the hunting lodge of Tzar Ferdinand - today's Sitniakovo royal residence. Two options are available for the return, either walking down the Stiniakovski Pat or riding on the four-seater lift. Suitable for families with children.
• Chernata Skala (Walk duration: 4 hours, Level of difficulty: easy) £9.00 - This tour crosses century old pine forests and is suitable for families with children.
• Tsari Mali Grad (Walk duration: 3 hours, Level of difficulty: easy) £18.00 - You will visit the medieval church Sveta Petka built in the 16th century and the ethnographical museum. Perched atop a hill, the fortress is accessed by one-of-a-kind rack-railway. The tour continues with a visit to the Roman towers.
• Deno Peak (Walk duration: 5 hours, Level of difficulty: moderate) £18.00 - Ride by chairlift to Yastrebets mount. Musala lodge is reached in one hour. The journey then continues towards the foot of Deno mount, where a panoramic view opens to the valley of Musalenska Bistritsa river, at the West and to the Saragiol circus, at the North-East. The tour continues to Chakar Voivoda lodge and Sitniakovo royal residence. The return is on the four-seater Sitniakovo Express.
• Seven Rila Lakes (Walk duration 7 hours, Level of difficulty: moderate) £35.00 - Transfer to Panichishte resort. Ride to the Rila lakes lodge on the open chair lift. The tour includes a visit to all seven lakes, then head back down in the chair lift.
• Musala Peak (Walk duration 8 hours, Level of difficulty: moderate) £20.00 - The tour stars from the upper station of Yastrebets Gondola lift with an easy hike to Musala chalet. Pass by the beautiful Musalenski ezera (Musala lakes) and reach the highest peak on the Balkans - Musala peak (2925m) which features picturesque panoramic views.
• Maliovitsa Peak (Walk duration 8 hours, Level of difficulty: moderate) £24.00 - Transfer to Maliovitsa mountain base and from there begin to climb the peak, which opens to one of the most stunning panoramic views towards the Rila mountains and the Rila monastery.
• Chakar Voyvoda lodge (Walk duration 5 hours, Level of difficulty: moderate) £16.00 - Ascent starts from the upper station of the open chair lift, Sitniakovo express, then passes by the hunting lodge of Tzar Ferdinand. After a short break the tour continues to Saragiol royal residence at the foot of mount Shatar.
Please note: all tours require a minimum of 3 or 4 people to operate, tours are subject to weather conditions and subject to change without prior notice.
What's included in the price
Holiday package price includes accommodation in room type as booked on Bed & Breakfast basis, return flights and all taxes. Accommodation only price includes accommodation on Bed & Breakfast basis.
Please note: Airport transfers are not included in the package, but we would be happy to offer this option to you at the time of booking. These transfers may be operated by individual hotels or sub-contracted agents and your holiday documentation will confirm the supplier of your transfer.
this is the deals page and it's shown only for local server for reminder