We will not pay for claims arising directly or indirectly from:
1. War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities or warlike operations (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, Terrorism, revolution, insurrection, civil commotion assuming the proportions of or amounting to an uprising, military or usurped power but this exclusion shall not apply to losses under Section B – Emergency Medical and Other Expenses, Section C – Hospital Benefit and Section D – Personal Accident unless such losses are caused by nuclear, chemical or biological attack, or the disturbances were already taking place at the beginning of any Trip.
2. Ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste, from combustion of nuclear fuel, the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any nuclear assembly or nuclear component of such assembly.
3. Loss, destruction or damage directly occasioned by pressure waves caused by aircraft and other aerial devices travelling at sonic or supersonic speeds.
4. The failure or fear of failure or inability of any equipment or any computer programme, whether or not You own it, to recognise or to interpret correctly or process any date as its true calendar date, or to continue to function correctly beyond that date.
5. Your pursuit of Winter Sports unless Sections P1-P5 are shown as operative in the validation certificate and appropriate premium paid.
6. The following Winter Sports activities even if Sections P1-P5 are shown as operative in the validation certificate: Off piste skiing or snowboarding in areas designated as unsafe by local resort management unless accompanied by a locally qualified guide, skiing against local authoritative warning or advice, ski stunting, free-style skiing, ice hockey, bobbing, heli skiing, ski acrobatics, ski flying, ski jumping, ski mountaineering, snowcat skiing, snow carting or the use of bob sleighs, luges or skeletons.
7. Your engagement in or practice of manual work including:
- hands-on involvement with the installation, assembly, maintenance or repair of electrical, mechanical or hydraulic plant (other than in a purely managerial/ supervisory, sales or administrative capacity).
- work in connection with a profession, business or trade for example: plumber, electrician, lighting or sound technician, carpenter, painter/decorator or builder.
- working with wild animals of any kind.
- work of any other kind except where shown as covered under Sports and Activities Grade 1.
8. Your engagement in or practice of: flying except as a fare paying passenger in a fully-licensed passenger-carrying aircraft, the use of a motorised vehicle unless a full United Kingdom driving licence is held permitting the use of such vehicles in the United Kingdom, professional entertaining, professional sports, racing (other than on foot), motor rallies and motor competitions.
9. Your participation in or practice of any sport or activity unless:
a) Shown as covered without charge in the Grade 1 list on page 6 or
b) Shown as operative in Your validation certificate.
10.Your wilfully, self-inflicted injury or illness, suicide or attempted suicide, sexually transmitted diseases, solvent abuse, the use of drugs (other than drugs taken in accordance with treatment prescribed and directed by a Medical Practitioner, but not for the treatment of drug addiction), self-exposure to needless peril (except in an attempt to save human life).
11. You drinking too much alcohol, alcohol abuse or alcohol dependency. We do not expect You to avoid alcohol on Your Trips or holidays, but We will not cover any claims arising because You have drunk so much alcohol that Your judgement is seriously affected and You need to make a claim as a result (for example, any medical claim where in the opinion of the treating doctor, excessive alcohol consumption has caused the Bodily Injury).
12.Any circumstances You are aware of at the time of taking out this policy that could reasonably be expected to give rise to a claim on this policy.
13.Your own unlawful action or any criminal proceedings against You.
14.Any other loss, damage or additional expense following on from the event for which You are claiming unless We provide cover under this insurance. Examples of such loss, damage or additional expense would be the cost of replacing locks after losing keys, costs incurred in preparing a claim or loss of earnings following Bodily Injury or illness.
15.Operational duties as a member of the Armed Forces (other than claims arising from authorised leave being cancelled due to operational reasons, as provided for under sub section 4. of Section A – Cancellation or curtailment Charges).
16.Loss of enjoyment.
17. Your travel to a country or specific area or event to which the Travel Advice Unit of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) www.gov.uk/fco or the World Health Organisation (WHO) or similar body has advised against all or all but essential travel.
You must comply with the following conditions to have full protection of Your policy. If You do not comply We may at Our option cancel the policy or refuse to deal with Your claim or reduce the amount of any claims payment.
At the time of taking out this policy, have You in the last 2 years suffered from or received medical advice, treatment or medication for:
- any heart-related condition; or
- any blood circulatory condition (including, but not limited to, high blood pressure, hypertension or high cholesterol); or
- any diabetic condition; or
- any breathing condition; or
- any psychiatric or psychological condition (including anxiety or depression); or - had treatment for cancer
- any neurological condition including, but not limited to, Stroke, Brain Haemorrhage or Epilepsy
At the time of taking out this policy, have You been referred to or seen by a GP, hospital doctor or surgeon (other than an accident and emergency doctor) for any other condition or needed in-patient medical treatments in hospital for any other condition in the last 12 monthsè
If No (including if You have had no Medical Conditions) Please read the following statements to see if they apply to You. (if none of them apply then Your Medical Condition(s) will be covered)
If Yes It is a condition of this policy that You will not be covered under Section A – Cancellation or Curtailment Charges, Section B – Emergency Medical and Other Expenses, Section C – Hospital Benefit, Section D – Personal Accident and Section T3 - Green Fees for any claims arising directly or indirectly from this Medical Condition(s) unless You contact Us on 0844 273 2783 (Calls cost 7p per minute plus Your standard network charges) or 0344 273 2783 for Customer Queries and We have agreed in writing to cover Your Medical Condition(s).
If You have only one Medical Condition and it is one of those shown in the table below of Medical Condition(s) which do not require screening then this will be covered under the policy without the need to contact Us.
In Either Circumstances:
It is a condition of this policy that You will not be covered under Section A – Cancellation or Curtailment Charges, Section B – Emergency Medical and Other Expenses, Section C – Hospital Benefit, Section D – Personal Accident and Section T3 – Green Fees for any claims arising directly or indirectly from:
A. At the time of taking out this policy:
i) Any Medical Condition for which You or a Close Relative or a Travelling Companion are aware of but have not had a diagnosis.
ii) Any Medical Condition for which You or a Close Relative or a Travelling Companion have received a terminal prognosis.
iii) Any Medical Condition for which You or a Close Relative or a Travelling Companion are on a waiting list for or have the knowledge of the need for surgery, treatment or investigation at a hospital, clinic or nursing home.
B. At any time
i) Any Medical Condition You have in respect of which a Medical Practitioner has advised You not to travel or would have done so had You sought his/her advice but despite this You still travel.
ii) Any surgery, treatment or investigations for which You intend to travel outside of Your Home Area to receive (including any expenses incurred due to the discovery of other Medical Conditions during and/or complications arising from these procedures).
iii) Any Medical Condition for which You are not taking the recommended treatment or prescribed medication as directed by a Medical Practitioner.
iv) Your travel against any health requirements stipulated by the carrier, their handling agents or any other Public Transport provider.
Please refer to the insurance policy terms and conditions for a full list of exclusions.
We would like to draw your attention to some important features of your travel insurance including:
1. Insurance Document
You should read this document carefully. It gives full details of what is and is not covered and the conditions of the cover. Cover can vary from one policy to another so you should familiarise yourself with this particular insurance.
2. Conditions and Exclusions
Specific Conditions and Exclusions apply to individual sections of your insurance, whilst General Exclusions and Conditions will apply to the whole of your insurance.
This insurance contains restrictions regarding pre-existing medical conditions concerning the health of the people travelling and of other people upon whose health the trip depends. You are advised to read the document carefully.
This insurance has limits on the amount the insurer will pay under each section. Some sections also include other specific limits, for example, for any one item or for valuables in total.
Under some Sections of this insurance, claims will be subject to excess. This means you will be responsible for paying the first part of the claim under each applicable section.
6. Reasonable Care
You need to take all reasonable care to protect yourself and your property, as you would if you were not insured. The amount insurers will pay for property left unattended in a public place or unattended vehicle is very limited, as specified in the wording.
7. Dangerous Sports & Pastimes
You may not be insured if you are going to take part in dangerous sports or pastimes where there is a generally recognised risk of injury. Please check that this insurance covers you, or ask your agent.
8. Fraudulent Claims
It is a criminal offence to make a fraudulent claim.
You should read the document carefully and take reasonable care to answer all questions honestly and reasonably and not to make a misrepresentation. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance you have purchased has the relevant cover and meets your needs.
Important. Please refer to the Travel Insurance Policy terms and conditions relating to health and exclusions. You must comply with the terms & conditions of the Policy in order to ensure that you are eligible for cover.
Balkan Holidays Limited is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their registration number is 313486) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts.