Your safety and well being whilst on holiday is of paramount importance to Balkan Holidays. As part of our commitment to your safety, we have partnered with the Foreign & Commonwealth Office's travel advice campaign for up to date travel advice.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office please check gov.uk/travelaware and follow @FCOtravel and Facebook.com/FCOtravel.
You must take out appropriate travel insurance before travelling and make sure it covers you for all the activities you want to do.
• If you are travelling within Europe, ensure you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) that hasn’t expired and understand what it covers - you still need full travel insurance though! For your free EHIC card visit nhs.uk/ehic.
• Learn about the laws, customs and entry requirements of the country you’re visiting and understand how they differ from home, check gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
• Check your passport is valid, look after it while travelling and keep it in a safe place. Make and you have all necessary visas.
• Make copies of important travel documents, take a picture of them and/or store them online using a secure data storage site.
• Research vaccinations or any other medical requirements, and if necessary visit a travel health clinic or your GP at least six weeks before you travel, visit travelhealthpro.org.uk.
• Tell someone where you’re going and leave emergency contact details.
• Take enough money with you and have access to emergency funds.
• Understand what consular staff can and can’t do to help British nationals travelling overseas.
• For the latest travel updates follow @FCOtravel on Twitter and find us at
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad.
For more on security, local laws and the latest travel information, visit the FCO
Travel Aware website or view our guide to Travel Advice and Safety.
The advice can change so check regularly for the latest updates.