More and more holidaymakers are heading abroad on their own. Singles holidays can be a liberating, eye-opening experience, and single travellers can enjoy everything that our destinations have to offer just as much as they would as part of a group.
Our checklist for single guests is a useful guideline to help you make the most of your adventure.
||Things to Consider
* Buy comprehensive travel insurance to cover the cost of any medical bills or lost luggage.
Balkan Holidays can offer a range of insurance policies
* Take clothes that adhere to local laws and customs such as long sleeves and trousers.
Long sarongs are a good investment as they can double up as a thin blanket or towel
* Eye contact with local men can be seen as flirting so try to avoid it
* When out and about, appear confident and look as though you know where you are
going, even if you don't!
* Ask women or families for directions if you get lost
* Carry toilet paper wherever you go - local toilets sometimes aren't as well equipped as
those at home!
* Leave expensive jewellery at home - a sparkling gold necklace will turn you into a beacon
* Keep a close eye on your drink when you are out in a bar and don't accept drinks from
* Use reputable taxi firms, speak to your representative for advice. Never hitchhike - it's not
worth the risk!
* Stay safe in your hotel - lock the door, keep the window closed and don't let anyone
overhear your room number
* If someone tries to pinch your bag, just let it go and shout for help
* Balkan Holidays has a representative in all resorts, please ask their advice and attend the
Single travellers need to be a little extra cautious while they are abroad. But if you follow these guidelines then you are less likely to encounter any problems and enjoy your holiday with ease.
||Where to go
Bulgaria – Offers great opportunities during summer from city breaks to lakes and mountains, beach holidays and even skiing in the winter.
Croatia - A fantastic country with so much to explore and offering one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world.
Slovenia - This is the place to be if you want stunning views and an opportunity to explore Slovenia's breathtaking scenery.
Montenegro - is a land blessed by exceptional versatility and colourful contrasts with unmatched natural beauty and centuries of traditions, still visible in the small villages along the coast.